Monday, June 3, 2013

Task 1 (June Holidays Assignment)

Dear Children,

For the first task this holidays, let us start with something easy and fun.

We will be reading the book, 'Where The Wild Things Are', an award-winning children's book written by Maurice Sendak.

Let's watch the video!




After watching the video, let's discuss the following points in the comments.

1) Were you able to make any T2S (Text to self) connection? If you have, what is it?

2) Does this story reminds you of any stories that we have read in Semester 1? If so, which one and why?

3) Do you think the Wild Things were real? Why?

Feel free to bring up any other questions or thoughts you might have. :)




By the way, I am listening to this audiobook, Matlida by Roald Dahl. I love this book so much that I've read it about 3 to 4 times! If you are interested, you can listen to it here:



Enjoy! :)

4 comments:

  1. 'Where The Wild Things Are'
    1. I don't see any T2S
    2. It reminds me of the story "Mouse and the Gruffalo" because the Gruffalo is a monster and both have sharp claws.
    3. I think the story is not real because there is no monster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Katrina answer : I am not able to make any T2S connection.

    2) Katrina answer : It reminds me of the story "Mouse and the Gruffalo" because the Gruffalo is a Ogre and both have jagged teeth and sharp claws

    3) Katrina answer : The wild Things were not real because there is no Ogre in the real life except in fairy tales!


    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) I am not able to make any T2S connection.
    2) It reminds me of the story "Mouse and the Gruffalo" because the Gruffalo is a monster and both have jagged teeth.
    3) I think Wild Things were not real as there are no monsters except in cartoons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1) I dont see any T2.
    2) I reminds me of "Mouse And The Gruffalo" because the Gruffalo is a monster and both have jagged teeth! (:
    3) I think that the wild things are is not true monsters exept those fairy tales stories^^

    ReplyDelete